Originally posted on The Poet and the Flea:
Dear ladies and gentleman:
Here is a much overdue update on myself and The Poet and the Flea:
- Early January, I had emergency gallbladder surgery. This is a very strange coincidence, since Mr. Blake suffered from excruciating gallbladder pain towards the end of his life! I’m still recovering, but feeling much better than before.
- In the meantime, I’ve been very busy trying to crowdfund a short film Death Is No Bad Friend about Robert Louis Stevenson. Please take a look at our Indiegogo campaign here: indiegogo.com/projects/death-is-no-bad-friend/x/1089930.
- Once I feel a bit better, I’d like to keep working on The First Reich (thefirstreich.wordpress.com) about the Jewish-Austrian psychoanalyst Wilhelm Reich — specifically pages 11 through 25.
- On February 4th, the young adult nonfiction title Scared Stiff: Everything You Need to Know About 50 Famous Phobias by Sara Latta (Zest Books) featuring over 50 of my illustrations was released. On March 1st, the collaborative title Age of Saints: An Illustrated Guide to the Saints of Wales by Peter Anthony Freeman (A Raven Above Press) featuring my illustration of Saint Tewdrig will be released. I am very excited to see some of my work finally published!!!
- For those in the Washington, D.C./Maryland/Virginia area, I will be exhibiting at Smudge Comics Arts Expo in Arlington, Virginia on March 8th.
- I worked diligently all December and finished the next 10 pages (pgs. 31-40) of The Poet and the Flea!!! Now all I have to do is scan everything. I would love to do 10 more pages within the coming months so that I’ll have 50 completed illustrated pages in total. And then I’d like to find a date — hopefully an important date in Mr. Blake’s life — to begin posting new pages here!
As always, I’ll keep you all updated!