I haven’t really had a chance recently to record my daily activities like I used to. And I guess that’s a good thing since it means I’ve been super busy working on some amazing projects!
Here’s what I’ve been up to for the past few weeks:
- Working on my first real freelance illustration job!!! I’ve been more or less hired to design some covers and interior illustrations. More details to come.
- Working on blog posts documenting my Cannes/London trip. There are about 20-23 related posts I’ve been working on since I got back. I just want to polish them all before sharing them!
- Figuring out inventory for upcoming online store and expos/fests/conventions. This includes putting together my first zine and The Flea plush toy among other products.
- Production of my first zine. I’ve been printing, cutting, and assembling like mad and can’t wait to share my work! Plus, I already have a great idea for my second zine.
- Production of The Flea plush toy. This has involved a few failed attempts, but I’ve finally hit upon a great prototype and am ready to start making more.
- Setting up a Storenvy account. Drafting product descriptions, etc.
- Pre-production for The Man Who Never Smiled. One of my short scripts is being made into a film!!! I’ve been working with a Sacramento-based director named Josh on this. We’re planning on filming in July. More details to come.
- Planning on finishing the first 10 pages of The First Reich. As soon as I’m done with the first deadline for the freelance illustration job, I plan to work on this.
- Officially began writing my third full-length screenplay. I’ve had this strange idea floating around my brain for a while now. Without giving anything away, I think the best way to describe it is as a dark dramedy.
- Planning on submitting some new short screenplays to various contests. While at Cannes, I had a chance to write a few new shorts.
To be continued…!