★★★ PLEASE REBLOG & SPREAD THE WORD!!! ★★★
WE, SIREN’S GAZE PRODUCTIONS, ARE HOPING TO RAISE FUNDS FOR OUR SHORT FILM DEATH IS NO BAD FRIEND ABOUT ROBERT LOUIS STEVENSON (TREASURE ISLAND, STRANGE CASE OF DR JEKYLL AND MR HYDE) IN SAN FRANCISCO.
THE SCREENPLAY HAS RECEIVED AMPLE PRAISE AND THERE IS A WONDERFUL CAST & CREW ATTACHED TO THIS PROJECT ALREADY.
WE ARE PLANNING ON LAUNCHING OUR INDIEGOGO CAMPAIGN WITHIN THE COMING WEEKS.
PLEASE HELP SPREAD THE WORD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, TUMBLR, PINTEREST, ETC.!
SIREN’S GAZE PRODUCTIONS on WordPress:
SIREN’S GAZE PRODUCTIONS on Facebook:
DEATH IS NO BAD FRIEND on Facebook:
Siren’s Gaze Productions (sirensgazeproductions.wordpress.com) was born at the 2013 Cannes Film Festival as a collaboration between three young, unique, and ambitious female filmmakers — director Mary Lachapelle, cinematographer Jacqueline Lehr, and screenwriter/producer G. E. Gallas. Each of us has an undying passion for our expertise. Yet our individual personalities fit together to form an intuitive and vibrant production team.
Death Is No Bad Friend is a short film based on the life and works of Robert Louis Stevenson (The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, Treasure Island). Robert Louis attempts to escape his guilty conscience through honeymooning on Mount Saint Helena. But his illness catches up, forcing him to face his demons.
This film is Siren’s Gaze Productions’ first project. We believe that Robert Louis and Fanny Stevenson’s story is historically and culturally significant, and therefore should be celebrated through the medium of cinema. Our greatest goal is to create an outstanding film to submit to festivals around the world (Cannes, Toronto, Sundance, etc.) and to launch the careers of all cast and crew involved.
We are all 100% committed to this project. We are prepared to make this film on a shoestring budget, donating our time and skills. But every penny counts! We are hoping to raise between $10,000 and $25,000 to allow us to bring Death Is No Bad Friend to life.
We need YOU to support our production expenses and to spread the word. Through funding and promoting Death Is No Bad Friend, you will help us bring the unfamiliar and extraordinary life of the famous writer Robert Louis Stevenson into the public eye. Moreover, you will be helping a group of young creatives take their first big step in achieving their lifelong dreams of becoming professional filmmakers!
- 2nd round qualifier in the Kaos Films British Short Screenplay Competition 2012, judged by Sir Kenneth Branagh.
- Quater finalist in the 2013 CWA (Creative World Awards).
- “Death Is No Bad Friend is a poetic script that relies on imagery to evoke a morose feeling. The language is very well-crafted, with the characters’ style of speech accurate for the time period. Because the descriptions are succinct but also written in a similar style, the script reads easily and quickly while creating clear images of the locations.” –Feedback from the 2014 BlueCat Screenplay Competition.
- Genre: Drama, Historical, Biographical.
Cast & Crew:
- Director: Mary Lachapelle
- Cinematographer/Director of Photography: Jacqueline Lehr
- Screenwriter/Producer: G. E. Gallas
- Actor Kyle Duke Adamiec as Robert Louis Stevenson
- Actress Kari Wishingrad as Fanny Stevenson
Your contributions will help us achieve the following goals…
- To successfully develop Death Is No Bad Friend through pre-production, filming, and post-production.
- To celebrate the historical and cultural significance of Robert Louis and Fanny Stevenson.
- To create a high production value, historically accurate, collaborative film.
- To film in and around the San Francisco Bay Area/Northern California.
- To submit the finished film to a number of festivals including the Cannes Film Festival, Sundance Film Festival, and Toronto International Film Festival.
- To create an opportunity to expand Death Is No Bad Friend into a full-length script/feature film to further celebrate the historical and cultural significance of Robert Louis and Fanny Stevenson.
- To create further opportunities for Siren’s Gaze Productions to create films and further the careers of all cast and crew involved.
WE TRULY APPRECIATE YOUR SUPPORT!
KEEP YOUR PEEPERS ON THIS PAGE FOR THE LAUNCH OF OUR INDIEGOGO CAMPAIGN!
Please visit my store: thepoetandtheflea.storenvy.com!
Copyright 2013 by G. E. Gallas