Tag Archives: Online
Related Post: New Year’s Resolutions, Anyone?
Here, I’ve revisited my 2013 New Year’s Resolutions. I’ve been steadily working on my goals and think I’ve done a pretty good job thus far. And I’m very excited to continue pursing these goals for the next six months and beyond!!
Goals for 2013
Complete materials for Elias & The City of Cats (hopefully before the end of January) and send out to publishers. Although I didn’t reach my “before the end of January” goal due to pure busyness, I completed the materials for Elias & The City of Cats early April. Since then, Gabe’s been working on sending a number of submissions to various publishers. We’ll see what happens!
- Finish first 10 pages of The First Reich and get them up online. I’ve been working diligently on the cover & first 10 pages of The First Reich. I’m hoping to complete these first pages and post them online as a preview in the coming months. For a behind the scenes look, click here!
Begin working with Masa and Gabe on full-length screenplay collaboration The Blanks (working title), to be finished before June 2013.I no longer have time for this project. Oh well!
- Send out inquiry letters about my completed full-length screenplays to production companies. I’ve been sending out a number of inquiry letters/e-mails and am trying to build my contacts in both film and publishing. I’ve had some positive responses, but haven’t made any deals or whatnots. I’m hoping to (in the near future) find an agent to represent all my work, especially The Poet and the Flea.
- Finish the script for The Poet and the Flea, hopefully somewhere between 60 – 75 pages. This is a really important goal I haven’t gotten around to yet. I’m hoping I can do another cat sitting for my neighbors so I can have time to fully concentrate on finishing the script!
Work on my first zine (possibly a tie in with The Flea) and self-print it. I finished drawing my first zine in March. I’m currently assembling a number of copies to sell at various expos/fests/conventions I’ll be attending later this year as well as for my upcoming online store (which I’m hoping to launch sometime this summer). More more information, click here!
- Open up a Storenvy account to sell zines and other merchandise (prints, t-shirts, etc.). I’m slowly building up to this goal. A few months ago, I signed up for Storenvy and am piece by piece building my account. As I mentioned before, I hope to launch the store sometime this summer.
- Work on the next 10 illustrated pages of The Poet and the Flea. Then the next 10, and so on and so forth!! I really haven’t had a chance to work on this as much as I’ve wanted to. But I’ve been busy with my internships at Zest Books and the Cannes Film Festival, etcetera etcetera. As soon as I finish the first 10 pages of The First Reich, I’ll get back to this!
Find a reliable and talented director and/or producer to turn one of my short scripts into a short film. Then enter the short film into a number of festivals. For the past few months, I’ve been Skyping with a director in Sacramento named Josh who’s interested in filming my short script The Man Who Never Smiled. We’re planning on filming in July and I absolutely can’t wait. For more information, click here!
Finally get an official internship, fellowship, and/or job in a field of interest. January through April, I worked as an intern at Zest Books. In May, I went to the Cannes Film Festival through the American Pavilion Film Program. Now, I’m earning a little money through a freelance illustration project , which I’m very excited about (more details to come)!!!
Copyright 2013 by G. E. Gallas
Related Posts: First Zine Progress and Contest: Round Three!!
As some of you may know, we finally have a winner for my first zine contest!
★THE WINNER: killkaties.wordpress.com
Killkaties, a fellow blogger/illustrator/storyteller, correctly guessed that my first zine is an illustrated rendering of Dante Gabriel Rossetti’s poem “Smithereens” also known as “Mammon’s Ring-Posy.”
It’s a pretty obscure and strange little poem, but that’s why I enjoy it so much (and hope you all will too). Production of the zine is underway and I hope to have it for sale on my upcoming online store sometime this Summer.
I admire Killkaties quirky and expressive illustrations greatly and have so much fun reading his blog, so I’m very excited to have sent him a free copy of my zine in the mail. I was also thrilled that he drew me into his crazy adventures!
The following images belong to Killkaties.
Photos of The Blake Society’s Calendar of Events for 2013!
Copyright 2013 by G. E. Gallas
Related Post: “The Poet and the Flea”: Behind the Scenes (Part 1)
Some of you have probably noticed me occasionally mentioning a project called The First Reich. This is a graphic novel collaboration I’ve been working on for a number of months with the very talented Shannon Brady. She wrote the incredibly compelling script/storyboard for The First Reich, carefully plotting out each panel to the best of her artistic ability — stick figures though they may be. It’s my job to transform her wonderful draft into a finished illustrated work.
The First Reich is more or less a biographical account of the Jewish-Austrian psychoanalyst Wilhelm Reich, and deals thoughtfully with a number of subjects including the history of psychology, World War II, Nazism, Communism, McCarthyism, and beyond.
Currently, The First Reich‘s website (thefirstreich.wordpress.com) is bare bones, but you can hop over there and read a fascinating and eloquent statement by Shannon about this project. At the moment, I’m working on the first 10 pages of the graphic novel and hope to post them online sometime in the coming months. Below are details from the progress I’ve made so far.
It’s really a pleasure and honor to work on this project. It’s an absolute joy collaborating with Shannon. And it’s the perfect opportunity to reflect on my own Jewish heritage and family history.
Any questions or comments are gladly welcomed!
Copyright 2013 by G. E. Gallas