Tag Archives: Read
As you may know, I’ve been working the past year or so on trying to put together Death Is No Bad Friend, a short film about Robert Louis Stevenson (Treasure Island, Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde). We managed to raise about $3,000 through crowdfunding on Indiegogo, but we need at least twice as much if not more to make our film possible.
The absolutely talented and wonderful Mary Lachapelle — our director — is putting together (with a bit of my help) a proposal for a number of filmmaking-related grants to help us with Death Is No Bad Friend. We already have some wonderful coverage from Jenny Bhatt and Simon Ball. Now, we need your help to flesh out the “Press & Reviews” section of our proposal.
How to Help (In 4 Easy Steps):
- Check out our old Indiegogo campaign (indiegogo.com/projects/death-is-no-bad-friend) to watch the Death Is No Bad Friend trailer and read more about Siren’s Gaze Productions and our goals for this project.
- E-mail me — G. E. Gallas — at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will send you a copy of the Death Is No Bad Friend screenplay. Please remember that this screenplay is for your eyes only, so please do not post it anywhere online.
- Write a positive/insightful blurb (about 2-6 sentences) about Death Is No Bad Friend. It would be very helpful if you could describe your interest in and/or expertise regarding Robert Louis Stevenson, filmmaking, screenwriting, literature, history, or other related topic. It would also be wonderful if you could explain why you support our film and/or why our film is worthy of receiving a grant.
- Once you have finished writing your blurb, please send it to email@example.com or post it to this blog post and I’ll add it to our grant proposal!
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you so much for your help!!!
Please visit my store: thepoetandtheflea.storenvy.com!
Copyright 2014 by G. E. Gallas
Originally posted on The Poet and the Flea:
Dear ladies and gentleman:
Here is a much overdue update on myself and The Poet and the Flea:
- As you may recall, I had emergency gallbladder surgery and pancreatitis this past January. Well, I hadn’t been feeling well since then and was back in the hospital with pancreatitis in April. Long story short, I’ve had a very rough year so far, but my health is finally back to normal!
- I’ve continued work on short film Death Is No Bad Friend about Robert Louis Stevenson. As of this month, our director Mary Lachapelle is finally on board after graduating from Tulane, so we’re hoping to really get the ball rolling now.
- I’ve been working on The First Reich (thefirstreich.wordpress.com) about the Jewish-Austrian psychoanalyst Wilhelm Reich — specifically pages 11 through 25. I haven’t been able to work on this in a while, but I’m hoping to finish these pages…
View original 145 more words