Here is a brief update on my current creative projects and endeavors…!
These past few weeks have been quite the roller coaster…! （⊙□ ⊙；）ノ
Sunday, June 30th
- Through Meetup.com, discovered The Pixel-Flick TV Actor/Filmmaker Alliance (Pixel Flick Entertainment). It seems like this production company is interested in producing short films and web series. Will attend the first meeting on Saturday, July 21st.
- On Stage32.com, received a very nice personal message from Ben Cahan (the creator of Final Draft) inviting me to join his website Talentville.com. I created an account there, but I’m not ready to post my work yet (perhaps after I hear from all the contests I applied to?).
- Robots Are a Girl’s Best Friend: Unfortunately, have hit some snags and the project is on hold.
- My full-length screenplay Who is Laurence Harvey? has advanced to the Second Round (the top 25%) of The 2012 PAGE International Screenwriting Awards!!!!!!!!!
- On Craigslist, have responded to a few posts about writing and creative projects. We’ll see how it goes…
- The Poet and the Flea: 37 pages of written script (1 page of script = 4-6 illustrated pages), and about 36 pages (1-10, 21 completed, and 11-20, 22-36 in progress) of illustrated work.
- A special announcement about The Poet and the Flea coming soon!
- Thinking of adding a “Links”page and a “Special Thanks” page to thepoetandtheflea.wordpress.com.
- Slowly but surely working on the-poet-and-the-flea.tumblr.com.
- Continuing to help fellow screenwriter/filmmaker Jay Dial. I’ve read his script so far, and I think it has a lot of potential!
- Signed up with gotcast.com (www.gotcast.com/gegallas)… maybe I’ll find some more writing gigs this way?
- My wonderful and talented friend just released the first promotional image from her upcoming webcomic… it looks stunning! Check it out: http://tealeaves9.tumblr.com/post/27095942591/at-long-last-the-first-promotional-image-for-my.
- Bit by bit, working on my third full-length screenplay called The Modern Prometheus. The process has involved a lot of historical research about San Francisco. Every screenplay is a learning process!
- I’m thinking about compiling a list of comic book-related (more on the small press side?) conventions for future reference. I would love to attend some local ones (Bay Area, California, etc.?) in the near future. And perhaps eventually fly out to other conventions. Any suggestions?
- A while back, I created a facebook page (www.facebook.com/gegallas)… don’t forget to like me!
- Also, a tremendous thanks to all of my followers here on WordPress and on Twitter!!
- Attend The Pixel-Flick TV Actor/Filmmaker Alliance First Meeting (July 21st).
- Sign up with IMDbPro.
- Apply to The American Zoetrope Screenplay Contest (before August 1st).
- Apply to the Bluecat Screenplay Competition (before October 15th).
Copyright 2012 by G. E. Gallas