- I’ve been working very hard on new pages (41 through 95) of The Poet and the Flea for the past few months! I’ve completed the first few steps on pgs. 41 through 71 and completed inking pgs. 41 through 48. I haven’t started shading any of the new pages, but I’m hoping to start very soon.
- Last week, I completed and submitted my illustration of Elias Morris for A Raven Above Press’s new book Welsh in the Old West by Lorin Morgan-Richards. Check out this previous post for more information: A Raven Above Press’s “Welsh in the Old West” Project.
- I’m almost done inking an one-page comic entitled Strange But True to submit to a local newspaper. I really like how it’s turning out so far, and I’m hoping they’ll accept my submission! And maybe I’ll do more pages of Strange But True down the line…
- I’m supposed to hear this Wednesday whether or not I’ve been hired for a somewhat big freelance illustration project for a non-profit related book. I was hired to create a proposal for the book and they seem to be very excited about what I put together. Fingers crossed!
- According to director Mary Lachapelle, Death Is No Bad Friend made it to the top 20 of the Roy W. Dean Grant. Unfortunately, we were not grant winners, but they seem to want to still give us some kind of assistance for the film. Plus, we now know we’re headed in the right direction for other grants we’re planning on applying to. Everything’s coming together!
- Last week, I registered for the “Publication Design w/In Design” course at our local community college. I took a few classes there during high school and found them very beneficial. So I look forward to adding In Design to my list of skills.
- I’ve begun working on the applications for two summer programs specializing in publishing. They aren’t due until early next year, but I’d like to get them out of the way ASAP. They sound like absolutely amazing programs and, if I don’t get into them this time around, I’m planning on reapplying next year. We’ll see what happens!
- I’ve been doing some research and making some notes for my (not-so-distant) future publishing company Radiant Pessimist Press. It’s only bare bones for now, but you can check out my new blog: radiantpessimist.wordpress.com.
- Yesterday, I finally was able to clean and organize my studio. Can’t wait to get back to work!
- My main goal this week is to really sit down and concentrate on preparing for my talk at Yale University School of Drama. Also, I made an appointment with the Yale Center for British Art’s study room to examine a sampling of their incredible collection of original William Blake prints. I can’t wait!
Please visit my store: thepoetandtheflea.storenvy.com!
Copyright 2014 by G. E. Gallas