Here is a brief update on my current creative projects and endeavors…!
Wednesday, October 24th
- Uploaded portfolio to this blog.
- Requested invite from DreamUp.com (not at all sure how this will turn out…).
- Did some online research about zines, printers, etc.
- Working on submission to Fantagraphics.
- Continuing to work on some upcoming blog posts and project ideas.
- Meeting with Gabe went very well as always. Gabe took the time to cut and paste his entire story, Elias & The City of Cats, into a children’s book format to give me a better idea of what I need to illustrate. From this prototype, I’ll start working on a rough sketch storyboard!
- Applied to the Big Bear Lake International Film Festival Screenwriters Competition. Information updated on “Applications” post, here.
- Completed submissions package for Fantagraphics. Now, I just have to put in the mail!
- Scanned character preliminary design for Elias and Ignis of Elias & The City of Cats. With this design, I was just experimenting with some Commedia dell’Arte (Pierrot & Harlequin) costumes which most likely won’t appear in the final children’s book. But Gabe seems to really like this image and wants to make some t-shirts. Any interest?
- Last night and today, working on rough sketch storyboard for Elias & The City of Cats.
- Did some experimenting with animation app on iPad.
- Worked on figuring out the crazy California ballot (so many props!) so that I can vote early tomorrow.
- Had a wonderful time with Wes today! Ate dinner at The Corner Store — both had these amazing “Grasshoppers” (crème de menthe, absinthe, chocolate, and vanilla ice cream). Can’t wait to see him again on Halloween! （○゜ε＾○）
- I voted today!!
- Dropped submissions package for Fantagraphics in the mail!
- Applied for a part-time writing job. Wish me luck!
- Working on rough sketch storyboard for Elias & The City of Cats.
- Discovered that my short screenplay Death Is No Bad Friend made it to the Kaos Films British Short Screenplay Competition 2nd Round Qualifiers (announced earlier this month). I have no idea how many rounds this competition is, but does that mean that judge Sir Kenneth Branagh has read my screenplay? (｡♥‿♥｡)
- Responded to a film director on Craigslist looking for a short screenplay, and got an almost immediate response of interest. Hoping this will be successful!
- Sent an e-mail to Scout Books enquiring about collaboration and their Good Ink’s literary line.
- Completed rough sketch storyboard for Elias & The City of Cats.
- Happy Halloween!!! I had a great time at Wes’s house’s pretty dorky party, even though I don’t think anyone recognized my Daria costume (even though Shannon Woodward and Katy Perry dressed as Daria and Jane without my prior knowledge). Plus, Wes gave me a belated birthday present — meet Charles, the British alpaca!!
Thursday, November 1st
- Recovering from last night!
- Ran some errands…
- Also, my mom’s (Irene Zweig) new postcards (see below) came in the mail!
- Continue adding blog content to The First Reich.
- Continue to work on The First Reich.
- Continue to work on Elias & The City of Cats.
- November 2nd: meet with Gabe at 11 a.m.
- November 7th: Scary Cow Information Session with Shannon.
- November 9th: Cinema by the Bay with Wes at 7 p.m.
- Sign up with Top Web Comics: Comic Rankings.
- Sign up with OnlineComics.net.
Copyright 2012 by G. E. Gallas