Related Post: New Year’s Resolutions, Anyone?
Here, I’ve revisited my 2013 New Year’s Resolutions. I’ve been steadily working on my goals and think I’ve done a pretty good job thus far. And I’m very excited to continue pursing these goals for the next six months and beyond!!
Goals for 2013
Complete materials for Elias & The City of Cats (hopefully before the end of January) and send out to publishers. Although I didn’t reach my “before the end of January” goal due to pure busyness, I completed the materials for Elias & The City of Cats early April. Since then, Gabe’s been working on sending a number of submissions to various publishers. We’ll see what happens!
- Finish first 10 pages of The First Reich and get them up online. I’ve been working diligently on the cover & first 10 pages of The First Reich. I’m hoping to complete these first pages and post them online as a preview in the coming months. For a behind the scenes look, click here!
Begin working with Masa and Gabe on full-length screenplay collaboration The Blanks (working title), to be finished before June 2013.I no longer have time for this project. Oh well!
- Send out inquiry letters about my completed full-length screenplays to production companies. I’ve been sending out a number of inquiry letters/e-mails and am trying to build my contacts in both film and publishing. I’ve had some positive responses, but haven’t made any deals or whatnots. I’m hoping to (in the near future) find an agent to represent all my work, especially The Poet and the Flea.
- Finish the script for The Poet and the Flea, hopefully somewhere between 60 – 75 pages. This is a really important goal I haven’t gotten around to yet. I’m hoping I can do another cat sitting for my neighbors so I can have time to fully concentrate on finishing the script!🙂
Work on my first zine (possibly a tie in with The Flea) and self-print it. I finished drawing my first zine in March. I’m currently assembling a number of copies to sell at various expos/fests/conventions I’ll be attending later this year as well as for my upcoming online store (which I’m hoping to launch sometime this summer). More more information, click here!
- Open up a Storenvy account to sell zines and other merchandise (prints, t-shirts, etc.). I’m slowly building up to this goal. A few months ago, I signed up for Storenvy and am piece by piece building my account. As I mentioned before, I hope to launch the store sometime this summer.
- Work on the next 10 illustrated pages of The Poet and the Flea. Then the next 10, and so on and so forth!! I really haven’t had a chance to work on this as much as I’ve wanted to. But I’ve been busy with my internships at Zest Books and the Cannes Film Festival, etcetera etcetera. As soon as I finish the first 10 pages of The First Reich, I’ll get back to this!
Find a reliable and talented director and/or producer to turn one of my short scripts into a short film. Then enter the short film into a number of festivals. For the past few months, I’ve been Skyping with a director in Sacramento named Josh who’s interested in filming my short script The Man Who Never Smiled. We’re planning on filming in July and I absolutely can’t wait. For more information, click here!
Finally get an official internship, fellowship, and/or job in a field of interest. January through April, I worked as an intern at Zest Books. In May, I went to the Cannes Film Festival through the American Pavilion Film Program. Now, I’m earning a little money through a freelance illustration project , which I’m very excited about (more details to come)!!!
Copyright 2013 by G. E. Gallas