Here is a brief update on my current creative projects and endeavors…!
★ “The Poet and the Flea 100 Day Countdown to the Premiere” is underway!! Join us on Tumblr, Twitter, and Facebook!
Wednesday, October 24th
- Uploaded portfolio to this blog.
- Requested invite from DreamUp.com (not at all sure how this will turn out…).
- Did some online research about zines, printers, etc.
Thursday, October 25th
- Working on submission to Fantagraphics.
- Continuing to work on some upcoming blog posts and project ideas.
Friday, October 26th
- Meeting with Gabe went very well as always. Gabe took the time to cut and paste his entire story, Elias & The City of Cats, into a children’s book format to give me a better idea of what I need to illustrate. From this prototype, I’ll start working on a rough sketch storyboard!
- Applied to the Big Bear Lake International Film Festival Screenwriters Competition. Information updated on “Applications” post, here.
- Completed submissions package for Fantagraphics. Now, I just have to put in the mail!
- Scanned character preliminary design for Elias and Ignis of Elias & The City of Cats. With this design, I was just experimenting with some Commedia dell’Arte (Pierrot & Harlequin) costumes which most likely won’t appear in the final children’s book. But Gabe seems to really like this image and wants to make some t-shirts. Any interest?
Saturday, October 27th
- Last night and today, working on rough sketch storyboard for Elias & The City of Cats.
- Did some experimenting with animation app on iPad.
Sunday, October 28th
- Worked on figuring out the crazy California ballot (so many props!) so that I can vote early tomorrow.
- Had a wonderful time with Wes today! Ate dinner at The Corner Store — both had these amazing “Grasshoppers” (crème de menthe, absinthe, chocolate, and vanilla ice cream). Can’t wait to see him again on Halloween! （○゜ε＾○）
Monday, October 29th
- I voted today!!
- Dropped submissions package for Fantagraphics in the mail!
- Applied for a part-time writing job. Wish me luck!
Tuesday, October 30th
- Working on rough sketch storyboard for Elias & The City of Cats.
- Discovered that my short screenplay Death Is No Bad Friend made it to the Kaos Films British Short Screenplay Competition 2nd Round Qualifiers (announced earlier this month). I have no idea how many rounds this competition is, but does that mean that judge Sir Kenneth Branagh has read my screenplay? (｡♥‿♥｡)
- Responded to a film director on Craigslist looking for a short screenplay, and got an almost immediate response of interest. Hoping this will be successful!
- Sent an e-mail to Scout Books enquiring about collaboration and their Good Ink’s literary line.
Wednesday, October 31st
- Completed rough sketch storyboard for Elias & The City of Cats.
- Happy Halloween!!! I had a great time at Wes’s house’s pretty dorky party, even though I don’t think anyone recognized my Daria costume (even though Shannon Woodward and Katy Perry dressed as Daria and Jane without my prior knowledge). Plus, Wes gave me a belated birthday present — meet Charles, the British alpaca!!
Thursday, November 1st
- Recovering from last night!
- Ran some errands…
- Also, my mom’s (Irene Zweig) new postcards (see below) came in the mail!
- The Poet and the Flea: 49 pages of written script (1 page of script = 4-6 illustrated pages), and about 36 pages (1-24, 27-30 completed, and 25-26, 31-36 in progress) of illustrated work.
- The First Reich: Began work on the first few pages…!
For more updates, don’t forget to follow me on tumblr and/or twitter.
Copyright 2012 by G. E. Gallas