As you may know, for the next 6-7 weeks, I will be in New York City to attend the Summer Publishing Institute (SPI) at New York University: School of Professional Studies. This is supposed to be a very intense program, so I’ve decided to put this blog on hiatus while I’m attending.
Don’t worry: I plan on continuing to post on Twitter (@gegallas) and Facebook (facebook.com/gegallas) throughout the coming weeks. Also, once the hiatus is over, I have a number of exciting posts I’ll be able to share with you, including:
Photos of my adventures in New York City!
New behind-the-scenes images from my graphic novel The Poet and the Flea!
Never before seen illustrations from various projects!
…and much, much more!!!
Many thanks to my followers for all your support! I’ll be back soon! :)
Please visit my store: thepoetandtheflea.storenvy.com!
For more updates, follow me on facebook, tumblr and twitter.
Copyright 2015 by G. E. Gallas
This past Saturday, I attended the opening reception for an exhibit entitled “On Paper” at Gallerie Citi in Burlingame, California. The show features five artists who work in paper-based mixed media. I was there to support one of the artists — my mother Irene Zweig — who creates captivating pieces through deconstruction and reassemblage.
If anyone happens to be in the San Francisco Bay Area and would like to attend, the exhibit will be open through June 15th.
For more information, please visit…
For more updates, don’t forget to follow me on facebook, tumblr and/or twitter.
Copyright 2013 by G. E. Gallas
Here is a brief update on my current creative projects and endeavors…!
- Tuesday, had successful first meeting with my director Cassie Jaye for our short film Robots Are a Girl’s Best Friend!! Had a chance to bounce ideas off each other, and currently working on revising the script. Planning on filming sometime after September. Wow!!!!!
- Didn’t get in to the Provincetown Writing Fellowship. But I’m more than okay with that. I was worried that, if I were to get in, that the fellowship would interfere with my involvement in Robots Are a Girl’s Best Friend. Now, I can dedicate myself fully to this film project!
- The Poet and the Flea: 27 pages of written script (1 page of script = 4-6 illustrated pages), and about 26 pages (1-5 completed, and 6-26 in progress) of illustrated work. Would like to begin scanning pages soon — must experiment with my temperamental scanner.
- Except for a few issues, my homepage has been revamped… Check it out!
- My best friends Ariel (from New York) and Olivia (from Texas) are visiting the first few days of June!! So we’ll be running around San Francisco, doing lots of touristy things. Can’t wait!
For more updates, don’t forget to follow me on tumblr and/or twitter.
Copyright 2012 by G. E. Gallas