I don’t usually do this “New Year’s resolution” thing. But I have so many short-term and long-term goals, I thought this would be a good way to organize my brain.
I’m not sure exactly how long it will take to complete this goal list, but I’m hoping to accomplish a good chunk within the coming months.
But, before that, I’d also like to make a list of my recent accomplishments. Often, I feel like nothing is moving forward, so hopefully this list will remind me that my hard work is paying off.
Achievements of 2012
- Have been working incredibly hard on my new online graphic novel The Poet and the Flea.
- Have taken part in some wonderful collaborations and look forward to continuing/completing them: The First Reich and Elias & The City of Cats.
- Entered several screenplays into a variety of competitions and have received a great deal of positive feedback (see résumé).
- Nominated for a number of blog awards — Reader Appreciation Award, Very Inspiring Blogger Award (twice), Blog of the Year 2012 Award, Liebster Award, and Beautiful Blogger Award.
- Accepted into The American Pavilion 2013 Cannes Film Program!!!
- Plus, I now have an awesome boyfriend. (◕‿◕✿)
Goals for 2013
- Complete materials for Elias & The City of Cats (hopefully before the end of January) and send out to publishers.
- Finish first 10 pages of The First Reich and get them up online.
- Begin working with Masa and Gabe on full-length screenplay collaboration The Blanks (working title), to be finished before June 2013.
- Send out inquiry letters about my completed full-length screenplays to production companies.
- Finish the script for The Poet and the Flea, hopefully somewhere between 60 – 75 pages.
- Work on my first zine (possibly a tie in with The Flea) and self-print it.
- Open up a Storenvy account to sell zines and other merchandise (prints, t-shirts, etc.).
- Work on the next 10 illustrated pages of The Poet and the Flea. Then the next 10, and so on and so forth!!
- Find a reliable and talented director and/or producer to turn one of my short scripts into a short film. Then enter the short film into a number of festivals.
- Finally get an official internship, fellowship, and/or job in a field of interest.
Wish me luck!!
Copyright 2012 by G. E. Gallas