Here is some information on my works…!
- No Longer Human: A story of obsession. Inspired by the deaths of the artists Jeremy Blake and Theresa Duncan.
- Valentine: A retelling of Alexandre Dumas’s The Count of Monte Cristo, focused on the story of Maximilian Morrel and Valentine de Villefort.
- The Man Who Never Smiled: A contemporary film noir.
- Houdini & Conan Doyle: An exploration of the friendship, falling-out, and rivalry between the escape artist Harry Houdini and the creator of Sherlock Holmes, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
- Robots Are a Girl’s Best Friend is the story of a troubled middle-aged man who attends a Halloween party dressed as Marilyn Monroe. A life-changing encounter with an “inanimate object” helps him come to terms with his identity.
- Death Is No Bad Friend: Based on the life and works of Robert Louis Stevenson. Robert Louis attempts to escape his guilty conscience through honeymooning on Mount Saint Helena. But his illness catches up, forcing him to face his demons.
- “Go Jump in the Lake”: The precursor to Who is Laurence Harvey? An imagining of Laurence Harvey’s experience on the set of The Manchurian Candidate (1962). During filming in Manhattan, Larry is required to jump into the frozen waters of the Lake in Central Park. With this feat looming over his head, he questions his ability to cope with the pressure.
- “Robots Are a Girl’s Best Friend” (See above.)
- “Bludgeoning The Walrus”: A ‘60s period piece about a movie set designer who is fed up with his lecherous, big-shot boss.
- “Ulysses in Hell”: An account from the perspective of the hero Ulysses as he burns in Dante’s Inferno.
- “Coin-operated Golem”: Inspired by “A Supermarket in California” by Allen Ginsberg.
- “The Ink Drinker”: A dystopian story about a young girl who learns the truth about an outcast of society.
- “The Scar Still Hurts” (In Progress)
- “The Man with a Television for a Head” (In Progress)
For more information, please visit my homepage: www.wix.com/gegallas/writer.
Copyright 2012 by G. E. Gallas