Here is a brief update on my current creative projects and endeavors…!
★ Important Note: “The Poet and the Flea 100 Day Countdown to the Premiere” begins August 20th!
Busy, busy, busy, busy, busy…
But it feels like things are coming together! (ﾉﾟ▽ﾟ)ﾉ
Wednesday, July 25th
- In between working on The Flea, began some character sketches for graphic novel collaboration with Shannon.
Friday, July 27th
- In between working on The Flea, conducted some image research (46 images and counting) for collaboration with Shannon.
- Received e-mail from Brian (Pixel Flick Entertainment). Trying to schedule a one-on-one meeting with him. Next Alliance meeting on Saturday, August 18th.
Sunday, July 29th
- Continuing to help fellow screenwriter/filmmaker Jay Dial. Had a great (hopefully productive) phone conversation with him.
- Received inquiry about my screenplay-in-progress The Man Who Never Smiled from an interested (and enthusiastic) production company. Although I originally intended this screenplay to be full-length, they’re interested in a short. Will bang out a draft (about 15-25 pages) and send them a copy by the end of August.
Monday, July 30th
- Received e-mail from a potential director/producer interested in making “one or two” of my short films. He suggested chatting on the phone. Very busy this week, so will call him either Wednesday (August 8th) or Thursday (August 9th).
- The Man Who Never Smiled: about 6 pages into research/outlining/writing.
- Some lat minute “spring” cleaning…
Tuesday, July 31st
- In between working on The Flea, worked on some text/font samples for Shannon.
- Heard from The Nicholl Fellowships in Screenwriting Competition. Did not make it to the quarterfinals — knew it was a long shot. But I can always try again next year. Or perhaps I’ll have more success with a different route?
Wednesday, August 1st – Thursday, August 2nd
- Continuing work on The Flea and The Man…
Friday, August 3rd – Sunday, August 5th
- A family vacation of sorts…!
Monday, August 6th
- Received e-mail from Film Independent Screenwriting Lab 2012. Although my screenplay Who is Laurence Harvey? was not selected for this year’s lab, I was given some encouraging feedback: “…the script is a definite contender for the lab. It’s a unique idea with a capable writer at the helm… a noteworthy project…”
- The Poet and the Flea: 37 pages of written script (1 page of script = 4-6 illustrated pages), and about 36 pages (1-18, 21 completed, and 19-20, 22-36 in progress) of illustrated work.
- Working on Inside the Display Case (title may eventually change?) bit by bit. About 17 pages of script (+notes).
- Call potential director/producer next Wednesday or Thursday.
- Work on research, character sketches, etc. for Shannon.
- Schedule second meeting with Shannon for mid-August.
- One-on-one meeting with Brian (Pixel Flick Entertainment).
- Attend The Pixel-Flick TV Actor/Filmmaker Alliance Second Meeting (August 18th).
- Finish The Man Who Never Smiled by end of August.
- Sign up with IMDbPro.
- Apply to the Bluecat Screenplay Competition (before October 15th).
Copyright 2012 by G. E. Gallas