Here is a brief update on my current creative projects and endeavors…!
- Tuesday (June 19th), applied to the Screenwriting Goldmine Competition. Information updated on “Applications” post, here.
- Starting Tuesday, been in touch with a fellow screenwriter/filmmaker Jay Dial through Twitter. Going to help him with a trouble spot in his screenplay.
- Robots Are a Girl’s Best Friend: Been in touch with my sister Sydney Gallas ( sydneygallas.com ) about doing the costumes for Robots! She’s been very busy working on the costumes for “Shakespeare in the Park” in NYC ( link ), but she’s going to dedicate time to really take a look at my script. Very exciting!!
- The Poet and the Flea: 34 pages of written script (1 page of script = 4-6 illustrated pages), and about 30 pages (1-8 completed, and 9-30 in progress) of illustrated work. Slowly but surely working on the-poet-and-the-flea.tumblr.com. Hoping to get some pages scanned soon. Goal for premiere = no later than September 30th (hopefully sooner).
- Speaking of Tumblr, just wanted to thank all 108 of my followers… Thank you very much!!
- Sunday (June 24th): Attended first meeting for indiefilmprojects.org. Ended up not being a good fit, but glad I tried.
- Monday, began outlining new full-length screenplay entitled The Modern Prometheus, influenced by the Prometheus myth, Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein and Yukio Mishima’s “The Sea of Fertility.”
- Sign up with IMDbPro.
- Apply to The American Zoetrope Screenplay Contest (before August 1st).
- Apply to the Bluecat Screenplay Competition (before October 15th).
Copyright 2012 by G. E. Gallas