Related Post: New Year’s Resolutions: End-of-the-Year Evaluation!
This may be a few weeks early, but I’m getting the ball rolling…!
- Fund and film my first short, Death Is No Bad Friend. This is a ginormous endeavor and I’ve already put so much time and energy into it. Our trailer turned out beautifully and I’m both nervous and excited to launch our Indiegogo campaign mid-January (if everything goes as planned). For more information, please visit and follow Siren’s Gaze Productions at sirensgazeproductions.wordpress.com.
- Finish the script for The Poet and the Flea. Check out my plan here: Happy 256th Birthday, Mr. William Blake!
- Work on the next 10 illustrated pages of The Poet and the Flea. I’ve decided to dedicate December to this goal! I’ve been working on pages 31 through 40 for the past week or so, and have made much progress. I’m almost done outlining everything in ink and will begin with greyscale markers very soon. If everything goes well, I may even start on pages 41 through 50 this month!
- Work on the next 10 illustrated pages of The First Reich. I’m hoping to work on pages 11 through 20 in January.🙂
- Find a publisher and/or agent to represent my work. How? Well, I’ve tried inquiry letters and I’ll continue down that path. But I also want to attend some major book fairs so that I can meet publishers and agents in person and chat with them. We’ll see how this goes!
- Get settled in Washington, D.C. Meaning I’d like to reconnect with old friends and make new ones too. Also, I’d like to network with D.C. filmmakers and try to get involved in local filmmaking. This past Wednesday, I met with two filmmakers — Steve and Kate — to discuss a collaborative stop motion animation short film. I’m excited to see how this project shapes up and will post more information about it soon!
- Attend some more film festivals. My wonderful time in Cannes has motivated me to expand my experience of film festivals. I hope to attend some local D.C. film festivals as well as perhaps some bigger ones like Tribeca or maybe even Telluride. I also plan on looking into the Creative Minds program in Toronto (though I probably won’t have the money for that).
- Get a decent part-time job and earn a little money. This has been a real struggle for me — getting paid versus doing something I love. I really don’t want to settle for a job that has nothing to do with my interests. But everything to do with my interests are unpaid or not enough to make ends meet. We’ll see…
- Perhaps invest in some film equipment and/or filmmaking software. I need to do more research in this realm, but I’m interested in learning more about Final Cut Pro, Dragonframe, and other film/animation software.
- Very long-term goal: Move to Brooklyn! I do miss New York City and feel that it’s the best place for me as a filmmaker. I’m hoping to start building up a nest egg so that I can eventually move!😀
This is a very challenging set of New Year’s Resolutions, but you never know until you try!😀
Please visit my store: thepoetandtheflea.storenvy.com!
Copyright 2013 by G. E. Gallas