Related Posts: New Year’s Resolutions 2014 and New Year’s Resolutions 2014: End-of-the-Year Evaluation!.
- Finish illustrating volume one (first 94 pages) of The Poet and the Flea (before summer 2015).
- Use Kickstarter as a way for everyone to preorder The Poet and the Flea volume one.
- Have The Poet and the Flea volume one printed at a local company.
- Hopefully get into a summer publishing program at either NYU or Columbia: I’ve been working on the applications for both programs and plan to finish them in January to send them out ASAP. I have no idea if I’ll get in, but I feel I’d learn so many useful skills if I did. If I don’t get in this year, I’ll try again next year.
- Next semester, take “Publication Design with InDesign” course at Montgomery College: I’ve already registered!! 🙂 Class begins at the end of January and I hope to learn a lot.
- Get back to work on The First Reich: I really haven’t been able to make as much progress as I had hoped on this graphic novel, so I’d really like to dedicate some time to get at least a good chunk done.
- Finally go into production for short film Death Is No Bad Friend: We (Siren’s Gaze Productions) plan to launch a Hatchfund crowdfunding campaign starting January 1st and we will continue to apply to grants to try to fund the rest of the film. I have been working on this film since 2012 and would love to see all our hard work pay off!
- Exhibit at SPX 2015 (to debut The Poet and the Flea volume one): If all goes well with #1-3 , I’d like to debut The Poet and the Flea volume one at SPX 2015. The Poet and the Flea volume one will be the first book published through my own small publishing company Radiant Pessimist Press (see #9).
- Launch Radiant Pessimist Press: If all goes well with #1-3 and #8, then I plan on not only publishing more of my own work through Radiant Pessimist Press, but also I’d like to recruit some fellow artists/graphic novelists to publish their work.
- Continue practicing Japanese: I’ve been studying Japanese for over 12 years now and I’d like to continue practicing my skills. I’d like to continue watching Japanese movies and television and start reading more books in Japanese. 😀
Please visit my store: thepoetandtheflea.storenvy.com!
Copyright 2014 by G. E. Gallas