- After posting one illustration from Scared Stiff: Everything You Need to Know About 50 Famous Phobias every week for 50 weeks, I have finally posted all of the illustrations. You can check them out here: gegallas.wordpress.com/contents/scared-stiff.
- By the way, I have a relatively new Tumblr blog called Everything was ZINES, and nothing hurt., on which I promote my fellow writers’ and illustrators’ work. Please check it out here: everythingwaszines.tumblr.com.
- This coming weekend, I will be traveling to Yale once again to see my sister’s costumes in a new play called Deer and the Lovers by Emily Zemba and directed by Sara Holdren.
- I am very excited to announce that this summer I will be attending the Summer Publishing Institute (SPI) at New York University: School of Professional Studies. Unfortunately, this will probably mean a hiatus for this blog, but I’ll try to keep it as short as possible!
- I am also very excited that, through the Summer Publishing Institute, I will be volunteering at BEA (Book Expo America) 2015.
- As you may know, for the past few months, I have been working extremely hard on my graphic novel The Poet and The Flea. Currently, I am almost finished inking all 95 pages of the first volume and hope to begin shading everything in as soon as possible. I am also thinking about submitting The Flea directly to publishers within the coming months. Wish me luck!
Please visit my store: thepoetandtheflea.storenvy.com!
For more updates, follow me on facebook, tumblr and twitter.
Copyright 2015 by G. E. Gallas
Here is a brief update on my current creative projects and endeavors…!
- Had a wonderful weekend (May 31st – June 4th) in San Francisco with friends Ariel and Olivia!
- Visited the Legion of Honor to see The Cult of Beauty: The Victorian Avant-Garde 1860-1900. Quite an amazing exhibit. Featured the artwork of Dante Gabriel Rossetti, James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Aubrey Beardsley, etc. Also, very much enjoyed the Victorian Home Walk. I believe both experiences will help my writing.
- Robots Are a Girl’s Best Friend: Currently in progress!
- The Poet and the Flea: As of Thursday, 28 pages of written script (1 page of script = 4-6 illustrated pages), and about 28 pages (1-6 completed, and 6-28 in progress) of illustrated work.
- Thinking of converting “The Ink Drinker” (short story) into a full-length screenplay…
- No word yet from Playground Pictures. Monday, sent e-mail in response to ghostwriter gig on Craigslist. Tuesday, sent e-mail in response to Japanese language tutor gig on Craigslist. Waiting for responses.
- Continuing research on various production companies to send query letters to.
- Tuesday, signed up with meetup.com. Joined a bunch of interesting groups. Hopefully, I’ll meet some new friends and learn the city!
- Apply to the Bluecat Screenplay Competition
- Apply to The American Zoetrope Screenplay Contest
For more updates, don’t forget to follow me on tumblr and/or twitter.
Copyright 2012 by G. E. Gallas